Monday, September 7, 2009

Silver Falls-Labor Day!

Silver Falls is a State Park that has a series of waterfalls in it. There was also a lot of hiking, camping, and picnic areas. We only went to one of the many waterfalls because of time/children. It was great, and we all had lots of fun. It was great to spend Labor Day with our family and Uncle Brian (Brenda's older brother). Here is Brenda and Caroline on the trail. It sure was beautiful
This is a picture of the falls from the bottom. The trail actually goes behind the falls, and it is a magnificent site.

This is the same waterfall only from higher on the hill. It is hard to really appreciate the size of the thing without being right up next to it.



This is Uncle Brian. He came down from Portland to visit and to spend Labor with us at the park. It was lots of fun having him around. He was a big help.



This is the Ard's eating at our picnic area. It was great. We had salads, sandwiches, chips, juice, and deviled eggs. It was a lot of fun, and the kids loved it!



5 comments:

  1. Ards! So are you still in Rexburg? It is fun to look at your blog! We sure love you guys and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE SILVER FALLS! It has been ages since I've been there but I remember it so well! You looked like you had a bunch of fun. I'm so jealous you're in Oregon enjoying all the green fun. I MISS IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!!!! So glad you found our blog. :-)

    Your kids are getting so big!! Oh my goodness! And they are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda,

    This is a tacky way to get in touch but I don't have an e-mail or a good phone number for you...so please e-mail me with your contact info. I would like your address if possible. Email kayla@jccook.net.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete